About Me

My photo
Blogger, baker, museum-goer and art lover. Not from around here. Likes: photography, single malt whisky and good writing. Dislikes: apostrophe abuse, blue cheese, and people who litter.

Wednesday 20 February 2008

Days 13-15

Today was a bit of a scatterbrained day, so I didn't get everything I'd planned to. Most important on the list were milk (for me) and sandwich rolls (for him). Both were obtained from The Bread Shop on Aigburth Road, which is like a little bakery, sandwich shop and grocery store all in one. I hadn't been down to Aigburth Road in awhile and I'd forgotten that there is a good variety of independent shops there, albeit spread out over a couple of miles. Happily, there is also a convenient bus route between Aigburth Road and my neighbourhood, so it's not too hard to get to either.

I baked my first loaf of bread in several years this afternoon, will post a picture of it after tea. We're having soup with it, warm bread, mmmmm.

No comments: