About Me

My photo
Blogger, baker, museum-goer and art lover. Not from around here. Likes: photography, single malt whisky and good writing. Dislikes: apostrophe abuse, blue cheese, and people who litter.

Monday 28 July 2008

my new local food heroes

Root beer is one of the few things that it's difficult to find easily and cheaply in the UK. You can order it from Cyber Candy or get it from the branch of Sweets from Heaven in Chester. Barq's is my preferred brand, not because it tastes particularly different from A&W or Mug, but because it has caffeine. I'd recently heard that a Chinese supermarket in town carries it, but hadn't got around to checking it out.

So it was much to my delight to learn on Saturday that Mattas, the lovely international foods store down the street from my work, now stocks A&W root beer. This is a Very Good Thing. :D

No comments: